Friday, December 4

Bidding Goodbye

**FLASHBACK**

And so... I stayed back in the hostel and bid my guardian ‘Goodbye!’. The whole situation seemed like a movie scene where the actor is forced to stay back somewhere in the middle of nowhere and the only way he can save himself from getting drowned in this quicksand of smoke and mirrors, is to scream out and just ask once for salvage. But all he can do is wait and watch as his saviors go away and disappear into the horizon. Even I couldn’t call out to them as I knew I had already been a moron to accept all that came.

So, the peon guides me to the hostel… seeing the school being surrounded by such glorified environment, the make of the hostels was not what I thought it’d be in my dreams. It was kind of a damn observatory or something! With six sides and being hollow in the middle, it really did look so…
Even the rooms weren’t so enticing as they were just – ‘rooms’?! Anyway, I thought of the inmates of this grand residence to be fine to dwell with atleast.
And so, not so unexpectedly, these guys keep on coming one by one to have an intro. Finally everything came to an end and I was relieved.


Afterwards everything went just fine. While setting up the wardrobe that was assigned to me, I was talking to one of my roommates. On asking when they use to wake up, he answered, “We’re bound to wake up at 5:30 a.m. and move off for shakha. So you’ll have to put on the habit of getting up early or else you’re done for.” The very first sound of the word, ‘shakha’ brought awkward thoughts into my mind. I asked him if it’s related to the nature’s calls, brushing teeth, etc. That was because it sounded so gooey and moreover was to be performed the first thing in the morning. He said it had nothing to do with the morning chores but was another word for exercises in Sanskrit. We both laughed. I continued, “And about getting up in the morning, I have a habit of getting up at 3:00 a.m. and marching off for my workouts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment